The topic of Saturday's workshop is creating fictional heroes for young readers. Kekla and Will will be speaking about how they create these characters, and what impact these characters can have on the perspective of readers.
You don't have to take our word for it that Kekla and Will have interesting opinions to share, here's a sample of interviews, reviews, essays, and conversations about their work:
- Rick Riordan Reviews Kekla Magoon's Robyn Hoodlum in the New York Times
- Cynsations - Guest Post by Kekla on Inspiration
- Author Turf Interview
- Interview on The Brown Bookshelf
- Will Alexander accepts award for "Goblin Secrets" on the National Book Award site
- Will Alexander's NOMAD: My Favorite Bit on Mary Robinette Kowal's blog
- Interview with Will in Karachi podcast on Tor.com
- Will Alexander has a blog - important because he recently posted about St. Crispin's Day (and as the aunt of an adorable baby named Crispin, Helen considers that an important holiday)
Come hear Kekla and Will this Saturday, November 14th, in the Children's Room at 11:00 am - there will be coffee and snacks, and the event is free and open to the public.