On November 2nd, Bear Pond Books hosted a talk about food, farms and picture books, with a particular focus on preK-4th grade classrooms. Abbie Nelson, Education Coordinator at the Northeast Organic Farming Association (NOFA-VT) and picture book author and illustrator Gail Gibbons led the conversation.
This event came ahead of Agricultural Literacy Week (November 18th - 22nd). It was an hour packed with information, and we've gathered some of it below:
- Invitation to the Talk (with background information)
- Gail Gibbons on Where Her Picture Book Ideas Come From
- Abbie Nelson on Resources for Ag in the Classroom
- Post from NOFA-VT on the November 2nd Talk
- Press Release and VPR Cafe Story on the New School Cuisine Cookbook
- Virtual Display Board of food and farm-related picture books
This was our last author-educator talk for 2013, but we're back with more in 2014! See the schedule here. If you want to receive announcements of educator resources and events from Bear Pond Books, please contact helen.labun.jordan -at- gmail.com with Subscribe in the subject line.
|Muffins with local carrots, flour, eggs, butter, cream cheese & maple syrup|